Licenses for illegals putting Americans’ safety at risk?
Posted on February 3rd, 2014; reproduced here courtesy of ironmike
In their minds – the needs of the Third World override your safety or our US Constitution.
Their Oath of Office was just a ‘quaint old-fashioned ceremony’.
The Deval Patrick Administration intends to give drivers licenses and EBT cards to illegals; – the costs and dead Americans be damned!
On Beacon Hill Wednesday March 5th, Room B2 in the State House, sometime after 1:00 pm the Joint Committee on Transportation will consider House Bill 3285 – a bill to issue drivers licenses to people here illegally.
They’re claiming it ‘will make our streets safer’ – because illegals will have to take driver training, and buy insurance.
Right,…and our experience with illegals and EBT cards is so reassuring! When arrested they usually have several – all in different names.
FYI, in states which have already tried this dumb act – the illegals did NOT take the required training [they faked it] and they didn’t buy insurance.
“The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), has reported that, “…illegal aliens often are not able to read road alerts in English. In many of the countries from which illegal aliens come, it is standard practice for motorists involved in accidents to flee the scene. The combination of these factors adds up to the probability that, if more illegal aliens were encouraged to drive by issuing them driver’s licenses, it would lead to more accidents caused by uninsured motorists and many would be hit and run.”
In January 2013, Fair further reported that, “…The two other states that issue licenses to illegal aliens – New Mexico and Washington – have found pervasive use of false addresses and fraudulent documents by non-resident illegal aliens to obtain licenses.”
So Jorge will take the test, and Jose will carry the ‘license’. No fingerprints, – no birth certificates, – no SSNs involved. Their license will look just like yours. Can’t discriminate – can we?
Now your illegal can – and probably will – vote. WHO’S gonna stop them, your Democratic town clerk?
Yep, this is back-door amnesty – courtesy of your Massachusetts Democratic Party.
Talking Points: Safe Driving Bill (H 3285)
1. This bill has nothing to do with safe driving. The only goal is to make it more convenient for illegal aliens to live in our state and for unscrupulous employers to hire them instead of Americans and legal immigrants.
2. We should be discouraging illegal immigration, not encouraging it by issuing ID cards that makes it easier for them to claim social services that they are not entitled, to work, to board airplanes, to enter federal buildings, to conceal their true identity, and possibly even vote.
3. The Registry cannot possibly determine if illegal aliens are who they say they are, because many of them lack proper identification. Relying only on easily-faked documents like leases and utility bills will introduce too much fraud into the ID system.
4. Massachusetts will become a magnet for fraud and for illegal aliens from all over the country to get licenses. This will cause our licenses to be devalued in other states and by the federal government.
5. Issuing licenses to illegal aliens does not necessarily reduce the number of uninsured drivers. In New Mexico, they found that issuing drivers licenses to illegal aliens did not reduce the number who drove without insurance, even though that was one of the primary goals of the program.
6. Issuing licenses to illegal aliens has not been shown to reduce accidents, drunk driving, or other unsafe driving behaviors. Studies in California and New Mexico fail to show any improvement in safe driving as a result of issuing licenses to illegal aliens.
7. Legislators should instead work to reduce illegal immigration by encouraging enforcement of unlicensed driver laws, implementing mandatory E-Verify, and working with ICE to increase the number of deportations, especially of criminals and reckless illegal alien drivers.
8. Legislators should also demand that Governor Deval Patrick enforce the 2012 bipartisan legislation, passed over his veto that prohibits illegal aliens from registering or operating motor vehicles.
Joint Committee on Transportation (MA)
Re: Safe Driving Bill (H 3285)
Senate Chair –Thomas M. McGee, Senator D-Lynn, Phone: 617-722-1350
Senate Vice Chair – Thomas P. Kennedy, Senator D-Brockton, Phone: 617-722-1200
House Chair – William M. Straus, Representative D-Mattapoisett, Phone: 617-722-2400
House Vice Chair – John J. Mahoney, Representative D-Worcester, Phone:617-722-2400
Gale D. Candaras (D-Wilbraham) Phone: 617-722-1291
Robert L. Hedlund (R-Weymouth) Assistant Minority Leader Phone: 617-722-1646
Michael O. Moore (D-Millbury) Phone: 617-722-1485
Marc R. Pacheco (D-Taunton) Phone:617-722-1551
Michael F. Rush (D-West Roxbury) Phone: 617-722-1348
Gailanne M. Cariddi (D-North Adams) Phone: 617-722-2450
Mark J. Cusack (D-Braintree) Phone: 617-722-2637
Peter J. Durant (R-Spencer) Phone: 617-722-2060
John V. Fernandes(D-Milford) Phone: 617-722-2220
Michael J. Finn (D-West Springfield) Phone: 617-722-2637
Danielle W. Gregoire (D-Marlborough) Phone: 617-722-2460
Steven S. Howitt (R-Seekonk) Phone: 617-722-2305
Timothy R. Madden (D-Nantucket) Phone: 617-722-2810
Christopher M. Markey (D-Dartmouth) Phone: 617-722-2396
Jerald A. Parisella (D-Beverly) Phone: 617-722-2877
Chris Walsh (D-Framingham) Phone: 617-722-2013